Every home builder does things a little different and wants to see different things on the construction plans depending on their trades and suppliers. We understand that and are willing to do a complimentary review of the plans with your builder prior to finalizing the plans. For more hands on builders, they are also welcome to attend any meetings in order to help you make educated decisions on what to include or exclude in your new home based on their knowledge, experiences and preferences.
For a small additional fee ($0.20 per SF), we can provide you or your builder with our BIM (Builder Information Modeling) takeoff in order to make bidding or estimating the home much easier and accurate. With a background in residential construction, we know how valuable this can be since custom homes require many calculations in order to get an accurate price. Click here to see an example of our BIM pages as part of the plans.
What does BIM include?
- Square footage of flatwork (driveway, walkway(s), additional patio flatwork, A/C pad, generator pad, etc.)
- Total square footage of brick, stone, siding, stucco, etc. This is broken down by each part of the home as well. No more hand calculations or arguments with your mason or cornice trades!
- Square footage of each individual room. This can be helpful when making selections on flooring
- Perimeter (in feet/inches) of each individual room. This makes calculating base and crown amounts very easy.
- Base cabinet quantities broken out per room (in feet/inches)
- Upper cabinet quantities broken out per room (in feet/inches)
- Countertop areas broken out per room, including splashes if desired.
- Door schedule, both interior and exterior. This makes double checking a door bid very easy
- Window schedule