Royal Residential Designs specializes in simplifying the design of your clients home so the experience is a fun and enjoyable one. So what is it that you are getting when you pair with Royal Designs?
- Complimentary Design Consultation.
- Comprehensive and accurate ACAD drawings.
- 3D software to help you (and your homeowner) visualize.
- Optional interior and exterior renderings for marketing.
- Fully notated site-plan with notes required by POA/ACC or builder.
- Builder Information Model to give accurate schedule (see below).
We design your clients dreams, while keeping within your budget. All of our plan designs are completed using ACAD which allows for
- Quicker changes to drawings, translating to lower design costs.
- Faster response to city building departments demanding changes.
- Drawings that fully belong to you upon completion.
Royal Designs was founded on the basis that many designers, and even architects, have little to no experience in construction and have no idea what builders, trades and suppliers need to interpret the details on a set of construction plans. More importantly, builders need certain details or schedules to create an accurate budget to get bids/estimates. With our BIM (Builder Information Modeling) we take the guess work out of many details other designers and architects leave off... crucial details to the success of a new home.
Every home builder does things a little different and wants to see different things on the construction plans depending on their trades and suppliers. We can provide you with our BIM (Builder Information Modeling) takeoff in order to make bidding or estimating the home much easier and accurate. With a background in residential construction, we know how valuable this can be since custom homes require many calculations in order to get an accurate price.
What does BIM include?
- Square footage of flatwork (driveway, walkway(s), additional patio flatwork, A/C pad, generator pad, etc.)
- Total square footage of brick, stone, siding, stucco, etc. This is broken down by each part of the home as well. No more hand calculations or arguments with your mason or cornice trades!
- Square footage of each individual room. This can be helpful when making selections on flooring
- Perimeter (in feet/inches) of each individual room. This makes calculating base and crown amounts very easy.
- Base cabinet quantities broken out per room (in feet/inches)
- Upper cabinet quantities broken out per room (in feet/inches)
- Countertop areas broken out per room, including splashes if desired.
- Door schedule, both interior and exterior. This makes double checking a door bid very easy
- Window schedule
While there are only so many ways to differentiate one architect or designer from another, Royal Designs is setting the new standard in what builders are looking for when starting to build a new home.